Function and purpose of the center
According to “Commercializing Technology Transfer Laws,” “Technology transfer” is the process of disseminating technology from one organization to another through transfer, license agreement, technology guidance, joint venture, or M&A, etc. Commercializing Technology is using technology to innovate, manufacture products or develop technology relating to such a process. Our Department assists companies to successfully finalize commercializing technology transfer deals and grow their technology based business through necessary advice and counseling services based on various forms of commercializing technology transfer mentioned below. Our goal is to contribute our effort to enhance national competitiveness of technology based business.
- Disposal of technology & transfer
- Technology transfer & licensing
- Joint Research
- Joint venture
- Technology guidance
- Introduction of technology
- Technology based M&A
- Technology based corporation establishment and incorporation
- Attraction investment in technology
- Secure research and development costs and raise policy funds
- Initial public offering and assist companies to be listed on the stock exchange
Activities and main business
Our Department’s main business is to provide overall advice and counseling services throughout all processes such as establishing researcher’s and inventor’s technology based business, commercializing technology transfer M&A, assisting initial public offering, and assisting companies to be listed on the stock exchange.
|Commercializing technology transfer advice and counseling services
Based on our expertise and extensive knowledge, we offer overall advice and counseling services regarding legal, business, tax, accounting, investment matters incurred during research and development, growing successful business and extending business.
- Transfer technology and offer counseling services regarding licensing agreements
- Offer counseling services regarding technical development, joint research, introduction of technology, joint venture, etc. agreements
- Offer counseling services regarding technology based corporation establishment and incorporation
- Technology transaction: technology transfer, disposal, transfer, etc.
- Advise clients patent and intellectual property rights strategically
- Offer advice and counseling services regarding attraction of investment
- Offer counseling services regarding technology transfer and commercializing strategies
- Offer overall counseling services regarding extending commercializing technology business abroad
|Government project & research service, Task performance
Logos is selected as an institution of government businesses that provides support for entities with promising technology that are in the early or developing stages. Logos is undertaking governmental tasks of providing legal advice and consulting for technology transfer and commercialization, and we conduct research tasks related to commercialization of technology transfer. Key business and tasks carried out recently are as follows.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy ? Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology(KIAT) (2009-Present): Discover domestic promising companies to advance skills and plans for advancing abroad (technology transfer, technology products export or technical commercialization) to conduct market research in the expected participating country, preparation of technical data, find potential demand, and support contact, legal advice, contract, tax advice, etc.
- Operational Business of Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy ? Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology(KIAT) Global Commercialization Center (2010 ? present): offers advice and counseling services fast growing business’s global expansion operates the Global Commercialization Center
- Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy - Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials, Organization for Nano Fusion Industry Cooperation, Nano Fusion Industry platform promotion project (2010-Present): Implemented ‘Springboard program’ which is a representative program in San Diego, U.S for discovering nanotechnology based companies and prep entrepreneurs and provide advice and counseling services and supporting them in initial business management and attracting investment.
- Manage commercialization of foreign technology curriculum sponsored by Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy and KIAT (2009-2010): cooperate with a foreign organization to jointly manage the curriculum for transferring domestic technology and commercializing technology professionals.
|Education, lecture and seminars
Logos hands down our expertise by holding lectures and seminars. We cooperate with internal and external specialized agencies in the field of technology transfer and commercialization including research and development, technical evaluation, business incubator, and technology financing.
- Operated foreign technology commercialization curriculum supported by Ministry of Knowledge Economy and Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (2009-2010):
Recruited domestic experts in the field of technology transfer and commercialization and operated two weeks curriculum including internal prior education and feedback process and external on-site training (2009 curriculum held in San Diego, CA, 2010 curriculum held in UC Berkley, please see below link for related data)
- Served as a member of a foreign technology introduction support project advisory committee under the Small and Medium Business Administration Telecommunication Small Business Promotion Center (2008-2009)
- Korean Intellectual Property Office- Served as a member of IP leader training project promotion committee and a licensing and contract instructor at Korea Invention Promotion Association (2008-2009)
- Lecture-related organizations: Research council of Knowledge Management Strategies, Korea Technology Transfer Center, U.S Technology Transfer Association, Korea Institute of Patent Information, IP Management and Strategy (IPMS), Ulsan Chamber of Commerce and Industry Intellectual Property Center, Korean Intellectual Property Office, WIPO Asia-Pacific Regional Forum, Gwangju Small and Medium Business Center, Korean Environmental Industry and Technology Institute, Maekyung Learning Center, Korea Intellectual Property Association (KINPA), Innopolis Daedeok, Korea University of Technology and Education, Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology, Institute of Foreign Affairs and National Security
Lawyer Kim, Kyungsup
- Phone : (02)2188-1086
- Fax : (02)2188-2890
- Email : email@example.com